Why buy a cabin that is built on site?
All Black Creek Cabins are built on your site, with the exception of the Beechwood, giving you unlimited design possibilities with no size restrictions like modular homes. You have the option to go with a steep roof pitch, which gives a spacious interior feeling with cathedral ceilings and a loft with plenty of headroom. This type of construction also allows you to have a cabin tucked back in the woods without the need to clear a large area to take delivery of a modular home, translating to less cost for you. Sometimes the upfront low cost of a modular building may look attractive, but when all the associated costs are factored in, the results are surprising. The price often does not include the foundation, delivery and setup, and other details like decks, railings, or steps that need to be handled by you or another contractor.
All Black Creek cabins feature:
- Cabins conform to all PA building code requirements and can be used as not only a cabin but your primary residence as well; engineered drawings are available
- Walls are built with 2 x 6’s studs 16-inch on center;
- For rafters and floor joists, we use 2 x 12’s 16-inch on center
- Tongue and groove pine log siding
- Steel entrance doors are primed and can be painted or left in the primed state
- Insulated, double hung vinyl windows
- 30-year architectural shingles or optional painted steel roofing
- Built on your choice of a block crawl space, full basement, or concrete pier foundation